aka The New International per-Version
aka The HIV Bible
aka The New International PerVersion
aka The NOT Inspired Version
aka The Denominational Creed Book of All Denominations
Why are you trusting your soul to something so bad?
As a Christian, I have many rules to follow to work out my own salvation in fear and trembling (Phil 2:12). One of these is to teach / evangelize the world (Mt 28:19-20, Mk 16:16, Luke 24:47, Acts 2:38)
So here is the not so hypothetical story:
We arrive at our predetermined place both of us with our New International Versions (NIV) in hand. Tonight's topic.. how to be saved. I am a non-denominational Bible Christian he is the opposite.
There are 6 things you need to do to be
2. You need to believe in Jesus, John
3:16. We read it. BANG your
head just hit the wall! The New International Version (NIV)
says, 'everyone who
believes in him will not perish.' (1)
3. You need to Confess Jesus, Romans
10:9-10. We read it. BANG
your head just hit the wall! 'That if you confess with your mouth,
Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God
raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is
with your heart that you believe and are justified,
and it is with your mouth that you confess and are
4. You need to Repent, Acts 2:38. We read
it. BANG your head just hit
the wall! 'Repent and be
baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ
because your sins are forgiven.' (3)
5. You need to Be Baptized or Immersed 1 Peter 3:21. We read it. 'and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge [Or response] of a good conscience towards God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,' BANG your head just hit the wall!
With your head still buried in the wall you now have found out the New International Version (NIV) preaches: Salvation by Belief. Salvation by Confession. Salvation by Repentance. Salvation by Baptism?? (ha, ha) Baptism (sprinkling OK) is just an outward sign of an inward conscience.
The Devil won... you leave. This person is still in his sins.
Is your New
International Version (NIV) in the garbage yet?
1. John 3:16 in the Modern Literal Version: For* God so loved* the world, that he gave his Son, the only begotten, that everyone who believes in him may not perish, but may have eternal life. Every translation ever made before 1973 (New International Version (NIV) first pub.) reads 'should, may, might.' (or at least in the 300 or so I have looked at over the pass 25 years.)
2. Acts 2:38 reads originally in the 1973 New International Version (NIV) as: 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ, so that your sins may be forgiven.' About every time the wind blows the New International Version (NIV) changes this verse.
Acts 2:38 MLV: Repent and be immersed* every one of you* in the name of Jesus Christ *for the forgiveness of your* sins (the Appendix describes the immersion as a translation of baptism; you* & your* as plural; the *for as denotes forward action literally as into, to or toward.)
3. Rom 10:9-10 MLV: that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved:
for* it is being believed with the heart toward righteousness and it is being confessed with the mouth toward salvation. (NO Jesus is Lord here).
4. 1Pet 3:21 MLV: which also our counterpart– immersion, does now save us, not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the demand of a good conscience toward God, through the resurrection of Jesus Christ; (Here is about every answer or piece of info you ever wanted to know about Baptism.)
(Read the MLV, Modern Literal Version, which because of its strict translation principles contains no False Indoctrination)
Please Google or Yahoo "New International Perversion" and see how many people who are members of a denomination hate the New International Version (NIV), the Bible made just for them! Other Authors
Copyright by Butch Walker 2012. May be freely distributed for non-profit uses. Content may not be changed.