WHO CAN BE SAVED?
Many people after hearing the requirements to enter
Heaven ask themselves is this possible? Today we are going to examine
I. THE QUESTION – WHO CAN BE SAVED?
THE DISCIPLES ASK CHRIST WHO THEN CAN BE SAVED, AFTER
HE STATES THAT IT WOULD BE EASIER FOR A CAMEL TO PASS THROUGH THE EYE OF
A NEEDLE THAN FOR A RICH MAN TO ENTER HEAVEN.
KJV Mark 10:17-27
17. And when he was gone forth into the
way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master,
what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?
18. And Jesus said unto him, Why callest
thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.
19. Thou knowest the commandments, Do
not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness,
Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.
20. And he answered and said unto him,
Master, all these have I observed from my youth.
21. Then Jesus beholding him loved him,
and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever
thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
and come, take up the cross, and follow me.
22. And he was sad at that saying, and
went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
23. And Jesus looked round about, and
saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter
into the kingdom of God!
24. And the disciples were astonished
at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children,
how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom
25. It is easier for a camel to go through
the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
26. And they were astonished out of measure,
saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
27. And Jesus looking upon them saith,
With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are
II. WHO CANNOT BE SAVED
THOSE WHO DO NOT OBEY THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST
KJV 2 Thessalonians 1:8-9
8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them
that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9. Who shall be punished with everlasting
destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
THOSE THAT LOVE MONEY ENOUGH TO CONTROL THEM
KJV 1 Timothy 6:9-10
9. But they that will be rich fall into
temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which
drown men in destruction and perdition.
10. For the love of money is the root
of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
KJV Galatians 5:19-21
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest,
which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20. Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance,
emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings,
and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you
in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom
KJV Matthew 5:20
20. For I say unto you, That except your
righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees,
ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
THOSE NOT HUMBLE
KJV Luke 18:9-14
9. And he spake this parable unto certain
which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10. Two men went up into the temple to
pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus
with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners,
unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12. I fast twice in the week, I give tithes
of all that I possess.
13. And the publican, standing afar off,
would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast,
saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14. I tell you, this man went down to
his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth
himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
THOSE THAT WALK AWAY FROM THE LORD
KJV John 6:66-68
66. From that time many of his disciples
went back, and walked no more with him.
67. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will
ye also go away?
68. Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall
we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.
KJV 2 Peter 2:1
1. But there were false prophets also
among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who
privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought
them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
III. WHO WILL BE SAVED?
THEY MUST REALIZE THERE IS SALVATION IN NO OTHER
KJV Acts 4:11-12
11. This is the stone which was set at
nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there
is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
THOSE THAT FOLLOW THE BIBLE PLAN OF SALVATION:
HEARING AND BELIEVING
KJV Romans 10:14
13. How then shall they call on him in whom they have
not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard?
and how shall they hear without a preacher?
KJV Acts 26:20
20. But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at
Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles,
that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.
KJV Romans 10:9-10
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth
the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him
from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
KJV Acts 16:30-33
30. And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what
must I do to be saved?
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord
Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32. And they spake unto him the word of
the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33. And he took them the same hour of the night, and
washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
MEMBERS OF THE CHURCH (BAPTIZED INTO I COR 12:12-13)
KJV Ephesians 5:23
23. For the husband is the head of the
wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of
IV. HOW DO THEY REMAIN SAVED
KJV Revelation 2:10
10. Fear none of those things which thou
shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that
ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful
unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
THOSE THAT WORK WITH AND HAVE FAITH
KJV James 2:14-17
14. What doth it profit, my brethren, though
a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15. If a brother or sister be naked, and
destitute of daily food,
16. And one of you say unto them, Depart
in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those
things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17. Even so faith, if it hath not works,
is dead, being alone.
THOSE THAT DO NOT TARRY BUT GO AND DO
KJV Acts 9:6
6. And he trembling and astonished said,
Lord, what wilt thou have me to do? And the Lord said unto him, Arise,
and go into the city, and it shall be told thee what thou must do.
THOSE THAT USE TIME EFFECTIVELY
KJV John 9:4
4. I must work the works of him that sent me, while
it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
THOSE THAT FEAR AND WORK
KJV Acts 10:34-35
34. Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of
a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
34. But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh
righteousness, is accepted with him.
THOSE THAT KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS
KJV 1 John 5:3
3. For this is the love of God, that we
keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
HAVE YOU OBEYED THE GOSPEL PLAN OF SALVATION MENTIONED?
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.