THERE IS A SEASON
TO EVERYTHING THERE IS A SEASON
KJV Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
1. To every thing there is a season, and a time
to every purpose under the heaven:
2. A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a
time to break down, and a time to build up;
4. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a
time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5. A time to cast away stones, and a time
to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from
6. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time
to keep, and a time to cast away;
7. A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time
to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8. A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war,
and a time of peace.
I. A TIME TO BE BORN
PHYSICALLY (THE WOMAN GIVES BIRTH)
KJV John 16:21
21. A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow,
because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child,
she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the
KJV John 3:3-5
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily,
verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the
kingdom of God.
4. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man
be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's
womb, and be born?
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except
a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom
II. A TIME TO DIE
DIE THEN BE JUDGED
KJV Hebrews 9:27
27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die,
but after this the judgment:
SPIRITUALLY (YOUR OLD MAN MUST DIE TO BE NEW)
KJV Romans 6:1-6
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue
in sin, that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead
to sin, live any longer therein?
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were
baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism
into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory
of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in
the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him,
that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not
ALSO IT IS NOT APPOINTED BUT POSSIBLE TO DIE (WALK AWAY)
KJV Romans 8:12-13
12. Therefore, brethren, we are debtors,
not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but
if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
III. A TIME TO PLANT AND PLUCK
SOW THE SEEDS
KJV Luke 8:5-15
5. A sower went out to sow his seed: and
as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the
fowls of the air devoured it.
6. And some fell upon a rock; and as soon
as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.
7. And some fell among thorns; and the thorns
sprang up with it, and choked it.
8. And other fell on good ground, and sprang
up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he
cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
9. And his disciples asked him, saying, What
might this parable be?
10. And he said, Unto you it is given to
know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that
seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.
11. Now the parable is this: The seed is
the word of God.
12. Those by the way side are they that hear;
then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest
they should believe and be saved.
13. They on the rock are they, which, when
they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for
a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
14. And that which fell among thorns are
they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares
and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
15. But that on the good ground are they,
which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and
bring forth fruit with patience.
THE LORD WILL DO THE PLUCKING
KJV Matthew 13:24-31
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed
tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought
forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and
said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence
then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this.
The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the
tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and
in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first
the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat
into my barn.
31 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying,
The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took,
and sowed in his field:
IV. A TIME TO KILL AND A TIME TO HEAL
FIGHT AND KILL EVIL AS PAUL SO PROPERLY DID
KJV 2 Timothy 4:7
7. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith:
SAVE (HEAL) THE LOST, BLIND, AND HARDENED
KJV John 12:40
40. He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened
their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with
their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
V. A TIME TO BREAK DOWN AND BUILD UP
BUILD A GOOD FOUNDATION IF THE FIRST WAS NOT PROPERLY
KJV Matthew 7:24-27
24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings
of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built
his house upon a rock:
25. And the rain descended, and the floods
came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for
it was founded upon a rock.
26. And every one that heareth these sayings
of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which
built his house upon the sand:
27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and
the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the
fall of it.
VI. A TIME TO WEEP AND MOURN, LAUGH AND DANCE
THOSE THAT LIVE FULL AND LAUGH UNPREPARED FOR THE COMING
KJV Luke 6:25
25. Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall
hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.
THOSE THAT SUFFER FOR CHRIST WILL BE HAPPY
KJV Luke 6:21
21. Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.
Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
VII. A TIME TO GET AND KEEP OR LOSE AND CAST AWAY
GET THE WORD AND KEEP IT
KJV Luke 11:28
28. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear
the word of God, and keep it.
LOSE YOUR SINS – GET RID OF THEM
KJV Ezekiel 18:31
31. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby
ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why
will ye die, O house of Israel?
VIII. A TIME TO REND (TEAR) AND SOW, SPEAK OR SILENT
DO NOT TRY TO SEW THE OLD SINFUL SELF WITH SOME NEW, THE
TEAR MAY GET WORSE
KJV Mark 2:21 No man also seweth a piece of new
cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away
from the old, and the rent is made worse.
PREACH THE WORD IN ALL SEASONS
KJV 2 Timothy 4:2
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
IX. A TIME OF LOVE AND HATE / WAR AND PEACE
FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, FLEE UNRIGHTEOUSNESS
KJV 1 Timothy 6:10-12
10. For the love of money is the root of all evil:
which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced
themselves through with many sorrows.
11. But thou, O man of God, flee these things;
and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold
on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good
profession before many witnesses.
LOVE GOOD AND HATE SIN
KJV Hebrews 1:9
8. Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity;
therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness
above thy fellows.
IS TODAY YOUR DAY OF SALVATION? IS THIS THE SEASON?
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.