POWER IN THE BLOOD
THE LAST SUPPER – CHRIST STATES HIS BLOOD IS FOR THE REMISSON OF
KJV Matthew 26:26-28
26. And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed
it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this
is my body.
27. And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it
to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for
many for the remission of sins.
THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF CHRIST AS A LAMB
KJV 1 Peter 1:19
19. But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without
blemish and without spot:
CHRIST BLOOD SHED FOR THE NEW TESTAMENT AND FOR SINS
KJV Hebrews 9:1-28
1. Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances
of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.
2. For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein
was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called
3. And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is
called the Holiest of all;
4. Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant
overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna,
and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;
5. And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the
mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.
6. Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests
went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.
7. But into the second went the high priest alone once
every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the
errors of the people:
8. The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into
the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle
was yet standing:
9. Which was a figure for the time then present, in
which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that
did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
10. Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers
washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
11. But Christ being come an high priest of good things
to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands,
that is to say, not of this building;
12. Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by
his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal
redemption for us.
13. For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the
ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying
of the flesh:
14. How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through
the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience
from dead works to serve the living God?
15. And for this cause he is the mediator of the new
testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions
that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive
the promise of eternal inheritance.
16. For where a testament is, there must also of necessity
be the death of the testator.
17. For a testament is of force after men are dead:
otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.
18. Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated
19. For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the
people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats,
with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book,
and all the people,
20. Saying, This is the blood of the testament which
God hath enjoined unto you.
21. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle,
and all the vessels of the ministry.
22. And almost all things are by the law purged with
blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.
23. It was therefore necessary that the patterns of
things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things
themselves with better sacrifices than these.
24. For Christ is not entered into the holy places made
with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself,
now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25. Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the
high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26. For then must he often have suffered since the foundation
of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to
put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but
after this the judgment:
28. So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many;
and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without
sin unto salvation.
THE BLOOD OF CHRIST CONTINUES TO CLEANSE OUR SINS
KJV 1 John 1:7
7. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from
HOW DO I AQUIRE THE BLOOD OF CHRIST ?
KJV Romans 6:1-6
1. What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin,
that grace may abound?
2. God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live
any longer therein?
3. Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized
into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4. Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into
death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of
the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness
of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6. Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the
body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Before baptism you must:
+++++++++Blood of the lamb through Baptism
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.