THE NECESSITIES OF LIFE
HUMAN BEINGS ARE PHYSICAL
KJV Genesis 2:7
7. And the Lord God formed man of the
dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.
KJV Ecclesiastes 12:7
7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as
it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.
WE HAVE A BODY AND A SOUL
KJV Matthew 10:28
28. And fear not them which kill the body,
but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to
destroy both soul and body in hell.
WE HAVE AN INWARD AND OUTWARD BEING
KJV 2 Corinthians 4:16
16. For which cause we faint not; but though our outward
man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
I. FOOD AND WATER
WE MUST HAVE PHYSICAL FOOD FOR STRENGTH
KJV Matthew 15:32
32. Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and
said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me
now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away
fasting, lest they faint in the way.
WE MUST ALSO HAVE SPIRITUAL FOOD FOR STRENGTH
KJV Matthew 4:4
4. But he answered and said, It is written,
Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out
of the mouth of God.
KJV John 6:48-51
48. I am that bread of life.
49. Your fathers did eat manna in the
wilderness, and are dead.
50. This is the bread which cometh down
from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven:
if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that
I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
WE NEED PHYSICAL WATER TO QUENCH THIRST
KJV John 4:6-7
6. Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore,
being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about
the sixth hour.
7. There cometh a woman of Samaria to
draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink.
WE NEED WATER FOR SPIRITUAL LIFE TO BEGIN
KJV John 3:1-5
1. There was a man of the Pharisees, named
Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2. The same came to Jesus by night, and
said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for
no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily,
verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the
kingdom of God.
4. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a
man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's
womb, and be born?
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the
kingdom of God.
IT IS FOR THOSE THAT THIRST SPIRITUALY
KJV Revelation 22:17
17. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let
him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever
will, let him take the water of life freely.
II. THE NEEDS OF THE ATMOSPHERE AND LIGHT FROM THE
SOURCES IT COMES FROM
WE NEED LIGHT TO SEE IN DARKNESS
KJV Luke 8:16
16. No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth
it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick,
that they which enter in may see the light.
LIGHT REPRESENTS GOOD AND DARKNESS EVIL FOR OUR SOULS
KJV Psalms 27:1
1. The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I
KJV Psalms 56:13
13. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt
not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the
light of the living?
CHRIST IS THE LIGHT
KJV John 8:12
12. Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am
the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness,
but shall have the light of life.
AIR (ATMOSPHERE)– WE NEED IT TO BREATH AND LIVE
KJV Psalms 104:29
29. Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou
takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust.
GOOD ATMOSPHERE IS NEEDED FOR CHRISTIANS TO LIVE
KJV 1 Corinthians 15:33
33. Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good
III. REST IS NEEDED FOR THE BODY AND SOUL
REST IS NEEDED FOR THE BODY WHEN IT IS TIRED
KJV Matthew 26:43-45
43. And he came and found them asleep
again: for their eyes were heavy.
44. And he left them, and went away again,
and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
45. Then cometh he to his disciples, and
saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is
at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.
REST IS PROMISED FOR THE SOUL
KJV Matthew 11:28-30
28. Come unto me, all ye that labour and are
heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of
me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden
LABOR LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST
KJV Hebrews 4:9-11
9. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people
10. For he that is entered into his rest,
he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest,
lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.
TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION
KJV 2 Corinthians 6:2
2. (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted,
and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted
time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
HAVE YOU OBEYED THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST?
Romans 10:17, Mark 16:15-16, Acts 2:38, Romans 10:10,
and Acts 22:16!!!!
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.