IN GOD WE TRUST
I was standing in a line at the grocery store one day and looked
at the five-dollar bill I was holding. It stated ďIn God We TrustĒ
on the back. I knew that the saying was on our currency, yet it still
seemed ironic. We live in a country that does not study of God very
well, yet they claim to trust in him.
WE SHOULD TRUST GOD
KJV 2 Corinthians 1:9-10
9. But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we
should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10. Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in
whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;
TRUST THAT OUR STRUGGLES AGAINST CORRUPTION ARE GOOD
KJV 1 Timothy 4:1-10
1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times
some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and
doctrines of devils;
2. Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience
seared with a hot iron;
3. Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from
meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them
which believe and know the truth.
4. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to
be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5. For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these
things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in
the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise
thyself rather unto godliness.
8. For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness
is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is,
and of that which is to come.
9. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we
trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those
TELL THOSE WHO BASE TRUST IN RICHES NEED TO TRUST IN GOD
KJV 1 Timothy 6:17
17. Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded,
nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly
all things to enjoy;
TRUST IN GOD SAVING US THROUGH CHRIST
KJV Ephesians 1:3-13
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in
4. According as he hath chosen us in him before the
foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before
him in love:
5. Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children
by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
6. To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein
he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
7. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the
forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
8. Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom
9. Having made known unto us the mystery of his will,
according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
10. That in the dispensation of the fulness of times
he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in
heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
11. In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being
predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after
the counsel of his own will:
12. That we should be to the praise of his glory, who
first trusted in Christ.
13. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were
sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
TRUST AS ABRAHAM TRUSTED
KJV Genesis 22:1-18
1. And it came to pass after these things, that God
did tempt Abraham, and said unto him, Abraham: and he said, Behold, here
2. And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac,
whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there
for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.
3. And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled
his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and
clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place
of which God had told him.
4. Then on the third day Abraham lifted up his eyes,
and saw the place afar off.
5. And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here
with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again
6. And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering,
and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a
knife; and they went both of them together.
7. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said,
My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire
and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?
8. And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself
a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
9. And they came to the place which God had told him
of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound
Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood.
10. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the
knife to slay his son.
11. And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of
heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither
do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing
thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.
13. And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and
behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went
and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead
of his son.
14. And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovahjireh:
as it is said to this day, In the mount of the Lord it shall be seen.
15. And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out
of heaven the second time,
16. And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the Lord,
for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine
17. That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying
I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which
is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth
be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.
18. So Abraham returned unto his young men, and they rose up and
went together to Beersheba; and Abraham dwelt at Beersheba.
TRUST AS HEZEKIAH TRUSTED AND YOU WILL WIN YOUR BATTLES
KJV 2 Kings 18:1-7
1. Now it came to pass in the third year of Hoshea son of
Elah king of Israel, that Hezekiah the son of Ahaz king of Judah began
2. Twenty and five years old was he when he began to
reign; and he reigned twenty and nine years in Jerusalem. His mother's
name also was Abi, the daughter of Zachariah.
3. And he did that which was right in the sight of the
Lord, according to all that David his father did.
4. He removed the high places, and brake the images,
and cut down the groves, and brake in pieces the brasen serpent that Moses
had made: for unto those days the children of Israel did burn incense to
it: and he called it Nehushtan.
5. He trusted in the Lord God of Israel; so that after
him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before
6. For he clave to the Lord, and departed not from following
him, but kept his commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses.
7. And the Lord was with him; and he prospered whithersoever
he went forth: and he rebelled against the king of Assyria, and served
TRUST IN GODíS FORGIVENESS
KJV Psalms 13:1-6
1. How long wilt thou forget me, O Lord? for ever? how
long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
2. How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having
sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
3. Consider and hear me, O Lord my God: lighten mine
eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;
4. Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him;
and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.
5. But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice
in thy salvation.
6. I will sing unto the Lord, because he hath dealt
bountifully with me.
KJV Psalms 33:21-22
21. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have
trusted in his holy name.
22. Let thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as
we hope in thee.
TRUST IN GODíS MERCY
KJV Psalms 52:7-9
7. Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength;
but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in
8. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of
God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
9. I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done
it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.
OUR TRUST IN GODíS GRACE WILL LEAD US UNTO SALVATION. WE MUST
HOWEVER SHOW THAT TRUST AND COMPLETE GODíS PLAN OF SALVATION.
KJV Romans 10:17
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word
KJV Mark 16:16
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.
KJV Luke 13:3
3. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall
all likewise perish.
KJV Romans 10:9-10
9. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord
Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the
dead, thou shalt be saved.
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;
and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
KJV Acts 16:25-33
25. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang
praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26. And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that
the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors
were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
27. And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his
sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would
have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself
no harm: for we are all here.
29. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came
trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30. And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must
I do to be saved?
31. And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,
and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32. And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and
to all that were in his house.
33. And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their
stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
KJV 1 Peter 3:20-21
20. Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering
of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein
few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also
now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer
of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.