GIVE ME A “THUS SAITH THE LORD”
In the religious world today we see many different doctrines being
taught about what God wants from us. Yet what we normally do not
heat is book, chapter, and verse for such things. Today we are going
to examine that God wants us to give proof for what we teach. This
is not to be crude in any way, but to simply show that God expects answers
that are based upon his expectations and not mans.
BE READY ALWAYS TO GIVE AN ANSWER
KJV 1 Peter 3:15
15. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always
to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that
is in you with meekness and fear.
WE MUST REALIZE THAT THE WHOLE BIBLE IS INSPIRED –(AUTHORED) BY GOD
KJV 2 Timothy 3:16-17
16. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and
is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction
17. That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished
unto all good works.
THE WORD OF GOD IS FOR EVER
KJV 1 Peter 1:23-25
23. Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of
incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.
24. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of
man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof
25. But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And
this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.
CHRIST REFUTED SATAN WITH SCRIPTURE
KJV Matthew 4:1-11
1. Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness
to be tempted of the devil.
2. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights,
he was afterward an hungred.
3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou
be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
4. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall
not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth
5. Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city,
and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
6. And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast
thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning
thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou
dash thy foot against a stone.
7. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt
not tempt the Lord thy God.
8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding
high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory
9. And saith unto him, All these things will I give
thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan:
for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt
11. Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered
THE WORDS OF CHRIST WILL JUDGE US – WOULDN’T YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT
WORDS WILL BE YOUR JUDGE?
KJV John 12:46-48
46. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth
on me should not abide in darkness.
47. And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I
judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that
judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO HAVE A THUS SAITH THE LORD?
BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD
KJV Isaiah 45:18
18. For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God
himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created
it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there
is none else.
AND GOD WILL LEAD US THE RIGHT WAY IF WE SEEK HIS WORD
KJV Isaiah 48:17
16. Thus saith the Lord, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I
am the Lord thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by
the way that thou shouldest go.
THE WORD OF GOD IS QUICK AND POWERFUL
KJV Hebrews 4:12-13
12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and
sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder
of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of
the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13. Neither is there any creature that is not manifest
in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him
with whom we have to do.
THE WORD OF GOD IS PURE
KJV Proverbs 30:5
5. Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that
put their trust in him.
WE SHOULD LIVE BY THE WORD OF GOD
KJV Luke 4:4
4. And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That
man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
THE WORD OF GOD IS A SEED
KJV Luke 8:11
11. Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
THOSE THAT HEAR AND ABIDE BY THE WORD OF GOD ARE IN HIS FAMILY
KJV Luke 8:21
21. And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren
are these which hear the word of God, and do it.
HEARERS AND KEEPERS OF HIS WORD ARE BLESSED
KJV Luke 11:28
28. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the
word of God, and keep it.
THE WORD DEVELOPES FAITH
KJV Romans 10:17
17. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of
THE LORD SAITH COME>
KJV John 7:37-38
37. In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus
stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.
38. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of
his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND
KJV Matthew 7:7-8
7. Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall
find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that
seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
WHAT SHALL I SEEK?
SEEK THE KINGDOM OF GOD
KJV Luke 12:31
31. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things
shall be added unto you.
SEEK TO SAVE YOUR LIFE BY GIVING IT TO GOD
KJV Luke 17:33
33. Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever
shall lose his life shall preserve it.
WHERE SHALL I LOOK?
LOOK FOR THUS SAITH THE LORD!
WE ALREADY KNOW THAT THE WORD OF GOD BRINGS FAITH ROMANS 10:17.
THIS IS DONE BY HEARING THE WORD OF GOD!
THE LORD SAITH –
BELIEVE IN ME –
KJV John 8:24
24. I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for
if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
THE LORD SAITH – REPENT OF YOUR SINS
KJV Acts 17:30
30. And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth
all men every where to repent:
THE LORD SAITH – CONFESS ME
KJV Matthew 10:32-33
32. Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men,
him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
33. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny
before my Father which is in heaven.
THE LORD SAITH – BE BAPTIZED FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS
KJV Acts 2:38
38. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one
of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall
receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.