TWO MILE SERVICE
This lesson is designed to teach us that doing a little is not enough.
We ought to do a lot more than expected towards the service to our Lord.
GO TWO MILES, WHEN ONE IS REQUIRED
KJV Matthew 5:41
41. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS NEEDS TO EXEED!
KJV Matthew 5:17-20
17. Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets:
I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth
pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all
19. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the
kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall
be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
20. For I say unto you, That except your righteousness
shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in
no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
GIVE FIRST OF YOUR OWN SELF
KJV 2 Corinthians 8:5
5. And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave
their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
CONTINUE ALWAYS IN THE TRUTH TO NOT BE CURSED
KJV Galatians 3:10
10. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:
for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things
which are written in the book of the law to do them.
BE SERVANTS OF THE LORD Ė ONLY Ė NOT MEN
KJV Ephesians 6:5-6
5. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters
according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your
heart, as unto Christ;
6. Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ,
doing the will of God from the heart;
KJV Luke 16:15
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify
yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly
esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
KJV John 15:18
18. If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before
it hated you.
KJV Galatians 1:10-12
10. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please
men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which
was preached of me is not after man.
12. For I neither received it of man, neither was I
taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
LOTíS WIFE WENT THE FIRST MILE, BUT FAILED THE SECOND
KJV Genesis 19:26
26. But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became
a pillar of salt.
REMEMBER LOTíS WIFE
KJV Luke 17:32
32. Remember Lot's wife.
STUDY TO FIND, THAT YOU MAY KNOW THE MESSAGE. DO NOT FAIL IN
FINDING THE TRUTH EVEN IF IT TAKES A SECOND LOOK OR QUESTION!
KJV John 3:3-7
3. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say
unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when
he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be
5. Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee,
Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the
kingdom of God.
6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that
which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born
PUT THE KINGDOM FIRST
KJV Matthew 6:33
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.
DO NOT APPLY YOUR TREASURES TO YOURSELF
KJV Luke 12:21
21. So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich
DENY WORLDLINESS TWICE AS MUCH
KJV Titus 2:11-12
11. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared
to all men,
12. Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly
lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present
GO THE SECOND MILE TO LET YOUR LIGHT BE BRIGHTER
KJV Matthew 5:14-16
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an
hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under
a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
GO THE SECOND MILE IN TEACHING THE ERRING
KJV 2 Timothy 2:19-26
19. Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure,
having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one
that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20. But in a great house there are not only vessels
of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour,
and some to dishonour.
21. If a man therefore purge himself from these, he
shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use,
and prepared unto every good work.
22. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness,
faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23. But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing
that they do gender strifes.
24. And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but
be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25. In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves;
if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the
26. And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the
devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
GO THE SECOND MILE IN KEEPING THE FAITH IN AND OUT OF SEASON
KJV 2 Timothy 4:2-7
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;
reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
3. For the time will come when they will not endure
sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves
teachers, having itching ears;
4. And they shall turn away their ears from the truth,
and shall be turned unto fables.
5. But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions,
do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6. For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of
my departure is at hand.
7. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have
kept the faith:
WILL YOU GO THE SECOND MILE FOR THE LORD?
IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN AND TODAY IS YOUR DAY TO GIVE YOUR LIFE
TO CHRIST AS HE GAVE HIS FOR YOU, YOU MUST:
HEAR (ROM 10:17), BELIEVE (JOHN 8:24), REPENT, AND BE BAPTIZED (ACTS
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.