CHRISTIANITY IS OTHER PEOPLE CENTERED
JFK stated: “ask not what your country can do for you,
but what you can do for your country.” Many in this world are self-centered.
This is not the way a Christian should be!
JAMES AND JOHN WANTED THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT SIDE OF
THE THRONE. CHRIST THEN GIVES A LESSON ON SERVICE.
KJV Mark 10:35-45
35. And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come
unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever
we shall desire.
36. And he said unto them, What would ye
that I should do for you?
37. They said unto him, Grant unto us that
we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy
38. But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not
what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with
the baptism that I am baptized with?
39. And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus
said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with
the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized:
40. But to sit on my right hand and on my
left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it
41. And when the ten heard it, they began
to be much displeased with James and John.
42. But Jesus called them to him, and saith
unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles
exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon
43. But so shall it not be among you: but
whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
44. And whosoever of you will be the chiefest,
shall be servant of all.
45. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered
unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
I. CHRISTIANITY IS NOT ABOUT WHAT WE CAN GET, BUT WHAT
WE CAN GIVE!
THOSE ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST GAVE
KJV Acts 2:40-45
40. And with many other words did he testify
and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41. Then they that gladly received his word
were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three
42. And they continued stedfastly in the
apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.
43. And fear came upon every soul: and many
wonders and signs were done by the apostles.
44. And all that believed were together,
and had all things common;
45. And sold their possessions and goods,
and parted them to all men, as every man had need.
WE ARE TO DO GOOD TO THE WORLD AND ESPECIALLY CHRISTIANS
KJV Galatians 6:10
As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good
unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
II. THE BODY MUST WORK TOGETHER
THERE IS NO “I”IN TEAM
THE BODY IS MANY PARTS BUT ONE, AND MUST WORK TOGETHER
KJV 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
14. For the body is not one member, but many.
15. If the foot shall say, Because I am not
the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16. And if the ear shall say, Because I am
not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17. If the whole body were an eye, where
were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18. But now hath God set the members every
one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19. And if they were all one member, where
were the body?
20. But now are they many members, yet but
21. And the eye cannot say unto the hand,
I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need
22. Nay, much more those members of the body,
which seem to be more feeble, are necessary:
23. And those members of the body, which
we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour;
and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness.
24. For our comely parts have no need: but
God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour
to that part which lacked:
25. That there should be no schism in the
body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
26. And whether one member suffer, all the
members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice
27. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members
THE JOINTS AND THE WHOLE BODY CAN EDIFY ITSELF
KJV Ephesians 4:16
16. From whom the whole body fitly joined together and
compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual
working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto
the edifying of itself in love.
III. CHRISTIANS MUST NOT DO SOME THINGS IN THEIR SERVICE
WE SHOULD NOT SPEAK EVIL OF OUR BRETHREN
KJV James 4:11
11. Speak not evil one of another, brethren.
He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh
evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art
not a doer of the law, but a judge.
WE SHOULD NOT JUDGE OUR BRETHREN
KJV Romans 14:13
13. Let us not therefore judge one another
any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an
occasion to fall in his brother's way.
SHOULD NOT BITE AND DEVOUR ONE ANOTHER
KJV Galatians 5:15
15. But if ye bite and devour one another, take
heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
KJV James 5:9
9. Grudge not one against another, brethren,
lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.
KJV Colossians 3:9
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off
the old man with his deeds;
WE ARE FLESHLY AND WALK AS MEN IF WE FIGHT AND DIVIDE
KJV 1 Corinthians 3:3
3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among
you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as
IV. THINGS WE SHOULD DO IN OUR SERVICE TO EACH OTHER…
LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND THIS WILL BE A SIGN THAT WE ARE HIS
KJV John 13:34-35
34. A new commandment I give unto you, That
ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35. By this shall all men know that ye are
my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
EDIFICATION AND PEACE
KJV Romans 14:19
19. Let us therefore follow after the things
which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.
LIKEMINDED NOT DIVIDED
KJV Romans 15:5 (NOTE: IN THE TRUTH/WORD)
5. Now the God of patience and consolation grant
you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
BEARING EACH OTHER’S BURDENS
KJV Galatians 6:2
2. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so
fulfil the law of Christ.
CONFESSING OUR FAULTS AND PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER
KJV James 5:16
16. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one
for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous
man availeth much.
WHATEVER WE DO TO SOMEONE IT IS LIKE WE DID IT TO CHRIST
– GOOD OR BAD!
KJV Matthew 25:40
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I
say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these
my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
BE RIGHT AND BE OTHER PERSON CENTERED AS CHRISTIANS SHOULD
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.