HOW TO KNOW IF YOU ARE DYING
As human beings we are taught from childhood to take care of ourselves.
We go to the doctor when we need check-ups to verify that we are healthy.
Today we are going to examine our souls to see if we are alive, or dying.
Today we will let the word of God examine our hearts. Today, we will
know if we are dying! This lesson will tell us how to know if we
are dying! This lesson is designed for Christians to examine themselves.
The lost may also examine yet they must realize that never being a member
of the body of Christ excludes them from the losses if they do not obey
that Gospel according to Christ. In excluding them is not to say
that they will not be judged, yet it is to state that they likely will
not recognize their soul dying since it is already dead, unless revived
through then steps of salvation that later will be mentioned in this sermon!
WE ARE COMMANDED TO PERFORM SELF EXAMINATIONS
KJV 2 Corinthians 13:5
5. Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove
your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is
in you, except ye be reprobates?
TO ENTER FROM THE FOLD OF GOD TO THE WORLD IS WORSE THAN NEVER BEING
IN THE FOLD!
KJV 2 Peter 2:20-21
20. For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world
through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again
entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than
21. For it had been better for them not to have known
the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from
the holy commandment delivered unto them.
KJV Jude 1:15-25
15. To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all
that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have
ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners
have spoken against him.
16. These are murmurers, complainers, walking after
their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having
men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
17. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken
before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18. How that they told you there should be mockers in
the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19. These be they who separate themselves, sensual,
having not the spirit.
20. But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your
most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
21. Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for
the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
22. And of some have compassion, making a difference:
23. And others save with fear, pulling them out of the
fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
24. Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling,
and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding
25. To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty,
dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE DYING IF THE CROSS NO LONGER MOVES YOU
KJV 1 Corinthians 1:21-25
21. For after that in the wisdom of God the world by
wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to
save them that believe.
22. For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek
23. But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a
stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24. But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks,
Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men;
and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
KJV Romans 1:16
16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for
it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the
Jew first, and also to the Greek.
KJV Acts 4:12
12. Neither is there salvation in any other: for there
is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
YOU ARE DYING IF YOU LEFT YOU FIRST LOVE
KJV John 14:15
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
KJV Revelation 2:4
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because
thou hast left thy first love.
YOU ARE DYING IF SAVING SOULS IS NO LONGER IMPORTANT TO YOU
KJV Luke 19:10
10. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that
which was lost.
KJV Mark 16:15-16
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world,
and preach the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
believeth not shall be damned.
YOU ARE DYING IF THE WORLD ATTRACTS YOU
KJV Luke 8:13-14
13. They on the rock are they, which, when they hear,
receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe,
and in time of temptation fall away.
14. And that which fell among thorns are they, which,
when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and
pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.
KJV James 1:14-17
14. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away
of his own lust, and enticed.
15. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth
sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16. Do not err, my beloved brethren.
17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above,
and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness,
neither shadow of turning.
KJV Romans 12:1-2
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies
of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable
unto God, which is your reasonable service.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
YOU ARE DYING IF YOU NO LONGER DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER
KJV Colossians 1:11-13
11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious
power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us
meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
KJV Ephesians 2:5-8
5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us
together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together
in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding
riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
KJV James 1:19-23
19. Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift
to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
20. For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness
21. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity
of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is
able to save your souls.
22. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only,
deceiving your own selves.
23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer,
he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
KJV James 4:17
17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it
not, to him it is sin.
IF YOU ARE DYING CALL FOR HELP, AND BE REVIVED
KJV Psalms 85:6
6. Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in
READ JOHN 19:16-30
OTHER PASSAGES OF CHRIST CRUCIFIXION
MATTHEW 27:27-56, MARK 15:16-39, AND LUKE 23:26-49
TO THE LOST THAT ARE CRYING IN THEIR HEARTS TO BECOME PART OF THE
CHURCH WHICH CHRIST DIED TO ESTABLISH (ACTS 20:28).
YOU MUST –
HEAR THE GOSPEL – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE THE GOSPEL – JOHN 8:24
REPENT OF YOU SINS – ACTS 2:38
CONFESS CHRIST WITH YOUR MOUTH – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BE BAPTIZED TO HAVE YOUR SINS REMITTED – ACTS 22:16
REMAIN THOU FAITHFUL UNTO DEATH – REVELATION 2:10
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.