HOW TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE SAVED
(1) LIFE IS SHORT
WE WILL DIE THEN BE JUDGED
KJV Hebrews 9:27
27. And as it is appointed unto men once
to die, but after this the judgment:
LIFE IS OF A FEW DAYS AS COMPARED TO THE DEATH OF A FLOWER
KJV Job 14:1-2
1. Man that is born of a woman is of few days and
full of trouble.
2. He cometh forth like a flower, and is
cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.
LIFE IS A VAPOR
KJV James 4:13-14
13. Go to now, ye that say, To day or to morrow
we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell,
and get gain:
14. Whereas ye know not what shall be on
the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth
for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
(2)HOW CAN I KNOW?
KEEP CHRIST AND THE PROMISE OF ETERNITY IS OURS
KJV 1 John 2:21-25
21. I have not written unto you because ye
know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that
Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the
23. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath
not the Father: [but] he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.
24. Let that therefore abide in you, which
ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the
beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in
25. And this is the promise that he hath
promised us, even eternal life.
GOD WILL REMEMBER OUR LABORS
KJV Hebrews 6:9-19
9. But, beloved, we are persuaded better
things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
10. For God is not unrighteous to forget
your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in
that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
11. And we desire that every one of you do
shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
12. That ye be not slothful, but followers
of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
13. For when God made promise to Abraham,
because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,
14. Saying, Surely blessing I will bless
thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee.
15. And so, after he had patiently endured,
he obtained the promise.
16. For men verily swear by the greater:
and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.
17. Wherein God, willing more abundantly
to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed
it by an oath:
18. That by two immutable things, in which
it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who
have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
19. Which hope we have as an anchor of the
soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
THE PROMISES WE HAVE ARE GREAT
KJV 2 Peter 1:4-12
. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and
precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature,
having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5. And beside this, giving all diligence,
add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance
patience; and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and
to brotherly kindness charity.
8. For if these things be in you, and abound,
they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge
of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. But he that lacketh these things is blind,
and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his
10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give
diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things,
ye shall never fall:
11. For so an entrance shall be ministered
unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour
12. Wherefore I will not be negligent to
put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and
be established in the present truth.
WE MUST FOLLOW CHRIST AND HIS FOOTPRINTS TO BE RIGHT IN
KJV 1 Peter 2:21
21. For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ
also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his
WE HAVE LIFE THROUGH CHRIST
KJV 1 John 5:9-13
9. If we receive the witness of men, the witness
of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified
of his Son.
10. He that believeth on the Son of God hath
the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;
because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
11. And this is the record, that God hath
given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
12. He that hath the Son hath life; and he
that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
13. These things have I written unto you
that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have
eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
WE NEED TO BE THANKFUL FOR OUR DELIVERENCE
KJV Colossians 1:12-14
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which
hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power
of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14. In whom we have redemption through his
blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
WE NEED TO ASSURE OUR FOUNDATION
KJV Matthew 7:24-27
24. Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of
mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his
house upon a rock:
25. And the rain descended, and the floods
came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for
it was founded upon a rock.
26. And every one that heareth these sayings
of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which
built his house upon the sand:
27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and
the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the
fall of it.
(3) HE KEPT HIS PROMISE IN THE FIRST DESTRUCTION AS HE
WILL IN THE SECOND
HE DESTROYED THE EARTH BY WATER AND THIS WILL NOT BE
KJV Genesis 9:8-15
8. And God spake unto Noah, and to his sons
with him, saying,
9. And I, behold, I establish my covenant
with you, and with your seed after you;
10. And with every living creature that is
with you, of the fowl, of the cattle, and of every beast of the earth with
you; from all that go out of the ark, to every beast of the earth.
11. And I will establish my covenant with
you, neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood;
neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
12. And God said, This is the token of the
covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that
is with you, for perpetual generations:
13. I do set my bow in the cloud, and it
shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14. And it shall come to pass, when I bring
a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
15. And I will remember my covenant, which
is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters
shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
IT WILL BE DESTROYED BY FLAME
KJV 2 Peter 3:10-14
10. But the day of the Lord will come as
a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great
noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and
the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11. Seeing then that all these things shall
be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation
12. Looking for and hasting unto the coming
of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved,
and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13. Nevertheless we, according to his promise,
look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.
14. Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such
things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot,
TO KNOW THAT WE HAVE ETERNITY WE MUST ACCEPT THE PLAN
HEARING – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVING – JOHN 8:24
REPENTING – ACTS 2:38
CONFESSING – ROMANS 10:9-10
BAPTISM AT WHICH WE WILL BE SAVED BY WATER AS SO WAS NOAH
KJV 1 Peter 3:20-21
20. Which sometime were disobedient, when once
the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was
a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.
21. The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also
now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer
of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
You then are added to the one Church (Eph 4:4, Eph 1:22-23,
THE CHURCH OF CHRIST
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.