SOME WOULD ARGUE
KJV Psalms 150:1-6
1 Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
2 Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
3 Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
4 Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
5 Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.
KJV Revelation 5:8
And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
The first case in Psalms 150:1-6
KJV Romans 7:1-6
1. Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth?
2. For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband.
3. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.
4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.
5. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
KJV Romans 15:4
4. For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
THE OLD LAW IS DONE!!
The second case in Rev. 5:8
First this is symbolic secondly it is in Heaven
What is in Heaven is not on Earth!!!!
KJV Matthew 22:30
For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor
are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
AWAY FROM FALSE ARGUMENTS TO THE TRUTH
KJV Ephesians 5:19
19. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
KJV Colossians 3:16
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
DOES THE NT SAY NOT TO USE THEM?
KJV Revelation 22:18-19
18. For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
THEN THE ARGUMENT: THE BIBLE SAYS NOTHING ABOUT SONG BOOKS, PEWS, ETC.
God told Noah to build the ark of gopher wood. If Noah used any other wood he would be held accountable. Yet God did not specify that he could not use oak, or any other wood????
If Noah used a hammer to build the ark, would he be in sin??
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!
We use things to accomplish commandments but we do not add to the worship!
KJV Matthew 15:2-9
2. Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.
3. But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?
4. For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.
5. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;
6. And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
7. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying,
8. This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for
doctrines the commandments of men.
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.