TO DEFEAT SATAN
WE NEED TO BE PROPERLY PREPARED AGAINST SATAN
KJV Ephesians 6:11
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to
stand against the wiles of the devil.
WE MUST HAVE A READY MIND AGAINST SATAN
KJV 1 Peter 5:8-9
8. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the
devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
9. Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the
same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
SATAN DOES NOT HAVE THE ADVANTAGE SINCE WE ARE NOT IGNORANT TO HIM
KJV 2 Corinthians 2:11
11. Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant
of his devices.
SATAN IS DECEPTIVE AS AN ANGLE OF LIGHT
KJV 2 Corinthians 11:14
14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel
SATAN WILL TRY TO COME IN SHEEPS CLOTHING, BUT REALLY IS A FALSE
KJV Matthew 7:15
15. Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's
clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
WE NEED NOT BE DECEIVED AS EVE, AS WE SHOULD NOT BE SWAYED FROM,
THE SIMPLICITY THAT IS IN CHRIST
KJV Genesis 3:1
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of
the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea,
hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
NT REFERENCE OF EVE
KJV 2 Corinthians 11:1-3
1. Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my
folly: and indeed bear with me.
2. For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for
I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste
virgin to Christ.
3. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled
Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity
that is in Christ.
SATAN WORKS THROUGH THOSE DISOBENDIENT TO THE GOSPEL
KJV Ephesians 2:2
2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course
this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit
that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
SATAN IS THE TEMPTER
KJV Matthew 4:3
3. And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the
Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.
WE MUST ENDURE TEMPTATION – TO AVOID SIN THAT LEADS US TO DEATH
KJV James 1:12-16
12. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when
he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised
to them that love him.
13. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted
of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
14. But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away
of his own lust, and enticed.
15. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth
sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
16. Do not err, my beloved brethren.
SATAN IS A LIAR
KJV John 8:44
44. Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your
father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not
in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie,
he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
WHEN WE DECIEVE WE ARE AS SATAN
KJV Acts 5:3
3. But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine
heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the
SATAN IS THERE WAITING TO CAUSE STRIFE FOR THE FOLLOWER OF CHRIST
KJV Zechariah 3:1
1. And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before
the angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
SATAN COMES AFTER THE WEAK SEEDS
KJV Luke 8:12
12. Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh
the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should
believe and be saved.
A CHILD OF SATAN IS ONE WHO PREVERTS THE RIGHT WAYS OF THE LORD
KJV Acts 13:6-11
6. And when they had gone through the isle unto Paphos,
they found a certain sorcerer, a false prophet, a Jew, whose name was Barjesus:
7. Which was with the deputy of the country, Sergius
Paulus, a prudent man; who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to
hear the word of God.
8. But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation)
withstood them, seeking to turn away the deputy from the faith.
9. Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with
the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,
10. And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief,
thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not
cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?
11. And now, behold, the hand of the Lord is upon thee,
and thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a season. And immediately
there fell on him a mist and a darkness; and he went about seeking some
to lead him by the hand.
THOSE THAT ARE LOST HAVE NOT TRULY FOUND THE GOSPEL
KJV 2 Corinthians 4:3-4
3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that
4. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds
of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ,
who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
WE NEED TO STAND UPON THE FOUNDATION OF GOD AND AVOID SIN
KJV 2 Timothy 2:19-26
19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having
this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that
nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold
and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be
a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared
unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith,
charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they
do gender strifes.
CHRIST DIED TO GIVE US LIFE AND TAKE THE POWER OF ETERAL DEATH AWAY
KJV Hebrews 2:14
14. Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of
flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through
death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;
A SINNER IS OF THE DEVIL
KJV 1 John 3:8
8. He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth
from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that
he might destroy the works of the devil.
IF THE DEVIL HAS YOU, SIMPLY STICK WITH THE SAINTS AND PRAYER
KJV 1 Corinthians 7:5
5. Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a
time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together
again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
THE VICTORY IS TRULY IN CHRIST
KJV 1 Corinthians 15:57
57. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory
through our Lord Jesus Christ.
OUR FAITH WILL DELIVER US
KJV 1 John 5:4-5
4. For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world:
and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
5. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that
Jesus is the Son of God?
ACCEPT CHRIST AND HIS DEATH AND LET TODAY BE YOUR DAY OF SALVATION!
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17, BELIEVE – JOHN 8:24, REPENT – ACTS 2:38, CONFESS
ROMANS 10:9-10, AND BE BAPTIZED ACTS 22:16!
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.