THE NAME CHRISTIAN
FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST WERE FIRST CALLED
KJV Acts 5:14
14. And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes
both of men and women.)
KJV Acts 6:3
3. Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven
men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint
over this business.
KJV Acts 9:1
1. And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter
against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,
ANY OF THIS WAY
KJV Acts 9:2
2. And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues,
that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might
bring them bound unto Jerusalem.
IN SPITE THEY WERE CALLED NAZARENES
KJV Acts 24:5
5. For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and
a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader
of the sect of the Nazarenes:
FOLLOWERS OF CHRIST ARE CHRISTIANS
KJV Acts 11:25-26
25. Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seek Saul:
26. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch.
And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the
church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians
first in Antioch.
CHRISTIANS SHOULD NOT BE ASHAMED BUT THEY SHOULD GLORIFY GOD
KJV 1 Peter 4:16
16. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed;
but let him glorify God on this behalf.
WE SHOULD WEAR THE NAME OF THE BRIDEGROOM
WE ARE MARRIED TO CHRIST
KJV Romans 7:1-6
1. Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that
know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he
2. For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the
law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she
is loosed from the law of her husband.
3. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married
to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be
dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she
be married to another man.
4. Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to
the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even
to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto
5. For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins,
which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto
6. But now we are delivered from the law, that being
dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and
not in the oldness of the letter.
WE NEED TO PREPARE TO BE READY FOR OUR HUSBAND AS HE COMES
KJV Matthew 25:1-13
1. Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins,
which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took
no oil with them:
4. But the wise took oil in their vessels with their
5. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered
6. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the
bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your
oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there
be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy
10. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came;
and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door
11. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord,
Lord, open to us.
12. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you,
I know you not.
13. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor
the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
CHRIST IS THE BRIDEGROOM
KJV Matthew 9:14-15
14. Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do
we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
15. And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the
bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days
will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall
THE HUSBAND WIFE RELATIONSHIP IS COMPARED TO THE CHRIST AND THE BODY
(CHURCH) EPH 1:22-23
KJV Ephesians 5:23-32
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ
is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ,
so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved
the church, and gave himself for it;
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing
of water by the word,
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church,
not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy
and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies.
He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth
and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and
of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and
mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the
KJV Colossians 3:14
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond
KJV Colossians 3:12-13
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and
beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man
have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
KJV Luke 13:3-5
3. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise
4. Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam
fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that
dwelt in Jerusalem?
5. I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall
all likewise perish.
KJV 2 Timothy 4:2
2. Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove,
rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
KJV Ephesians 6:10
10. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power
of his might.
KJV 3 John V3
3. For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified
of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth.
KJV Romans 6:13
13. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness
unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the
dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
KJV Hebrews 12:28
28. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let
us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly
KJV Galatians 3:27
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put
HAVE YOU NOT HAD THE NAME OF CHRIST PUT ON TO YOU YET?
HAVE CHRIST AND BECOME PART OF HIS BODY THE CHURCH TODAY!
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE – MARK 16:16
REPENT – ACTS 17:30
CONFESS – MATTHEW 10:32-33
BE BAPTIZED – ACTS 2:38
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.