WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT GOD – HIS OMNISCIENCE
When studying such a topic we must realize that we can only understand
that which God wants us to understand. A sermon such as this may
cause more questions than it can answer, yet it is profitable to learn
that which God has given us to know. This lesson is set to show that
God has ultimate knowledge. Our minds are not ready to comprehend
such knowledge, yet we can grow in our faith through the Lord in such a
KJV Romans 11:33-36
33. O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and
knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past
34. For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who
hath been his counseller?
35. Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be
recompensed unto him again?
36. For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
KJV Job 26:5-14
5. Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants
6. Hell is naked before him, and destruction hath no
7. He stretcheth out the north over the empty place,
and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
8. He bindeth up the waters in his thick clouds; and
the cloud is not rent under them.
9. He holdeth back the face of his throne, and spreadeth
his cloud upon it.
10. He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until
the day and night come to an end.
11. The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished
at his reproof.
12. He divideth the sea with his power, and by his understanding
he smiteth through the proud.
13. By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his
hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
14. Lo, these are parts of his ways: but how little
a portion is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?
KJV Psalms 139:1-6
1. O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me.
2. Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou
understandest my thought afar off.
3. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art
acquainted with all my ways.
4. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O
Lord, thou knowest it altogether.
5. Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine
hand upon me.
6. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high,
I cannot attain unto it.
KJV Ephesians 3:8-10
8. Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints,
is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable
riches of Christ;
9. And to make all men see what is the fellowship of
the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
who created all things by Jesus Christ:
10. To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in
heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
KJV Jeremiah 10:10-12
10. But the Lord is the true God, he is the living God,
and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the
nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
11. Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have
not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth,
and from under these heavens.
12. He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established
the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
KJV 1 Corinthians 2:1-16
1. And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with
excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of
2. For I determined not to know any thing among you,
save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.
3. And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and
in much trembling.
4. And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing
words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the spirit and of power:
5. That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of
men, but in the power of God.
6. Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect:
yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that
come to nought:
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even
the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for
had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear
heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God
hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit:
for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the
spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man,
but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world,
but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are
freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which
man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual
things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of
the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know
them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet
he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he
may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
GOD KNOWS OUR HEARTS
KJV Luke 16:15
15. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves
before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed
among men is abomination in the sight of God.
KJV Ezekiel 11:5
5. And the Spirit of the Lord fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak;
Thus saith the Lord; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the
things that come into your mind, every one of them.
GOD KNOWS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END
NO MAN NOR ANGEL KNOWS
KJV Matthew 24:36
36. But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels
of heaven, but my Father only.
THE FATHER KNOWS
KJV Acts 1:7
7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know
the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
CHRIST DOES NOT KNOW
KJV Mark 13:32
32. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not
the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.
DOES WHAT GOD KNOWS SCARE YOU?
DOES THE FINAL DAYS SCARE YOU?
DO YOU WANT TO MAKE YOURSELF RIGHT WITH GOD?
BELIEVE – MARK 16:16
REPENT – ACTS 2:38
CONFESS – ROMANS 10:9-10
BE BAPTIZED – I PETER 3:20-21
AND REMAIN THOU FATIHFUL UNTO DEATH REVELATION 2:10
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.