THINGS A CHRISTIAN WILL DO
A CHRISTIAN WILL HAVE FAITH, VIRTUE, TEMPERANCE, PATIENCE, GODLINESS,
BROTHERLY KINDNESS, AND LOVE
KJV 2 Peter 1:5-11
5. And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your
faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6. And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience;
and to patience godliness;
7. And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly
8. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make
you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of
our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot
see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10. Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to
make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall
11. For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you
abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
BE SUBJECT TO THE POWER OF GOD
KJV Romans 13:1-4
1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there
is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
2. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth
the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves
3. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to
the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good,
and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4. For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But
if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword
in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon
him that doeth evil.
WEAR THE ARMOR OF GOD
KJV Ephesians 6:11-20
11. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able
to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but
against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness
of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God,
that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all,
14. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with
truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15. And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith
ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword
of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18. Praying always with all prayer and supplication
in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication
for all saints;
19. And for me, that utterance may be given unto me,
that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,
20. For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein
I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
KEEP THE WORD OF GOD
KJV Luke 8:15
15. But that on the good ground are they, which in an
honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth
fruit with patience.
UNTANGLE FROM THE WORLD
KJV 2 Timothy 2:4-5
4. No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs
of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
5. And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he
not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
RUN THE CHRISTIAN RACE
KJV Hebrews 12:1-2
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with
so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin
which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that
is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our
faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising
the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
FIGHT FOR GOD
KJV 1 Timothy 6:12
12. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal
life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession
before many witnesses.
LOVE EVEN YOU ENEMIES
KJV Matthew 5:44-48
44. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that
curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully
use you, and persecute you;
45. That ye may be the children of your Father which
is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46. For if ye love them which love you, what reward
have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47. And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye
more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48. Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which
is in heaven is perfect.
LOVE EACH OTHER
KJV 1 Peter 1:22
22. Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the
truth through the spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that
ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
NOT SEEK GAIN IN CHRIST OF MONEY
KJV John 2:15
15. And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he
drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured
out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
BE TRANSFORMED FROM THIS WORLD GIVING OURSELVES TO GOD
KJV Romans 12:1-2
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God,
that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,
which is your reasonable service.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed
by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
OVERCOME EVIL WITH GOOD
KJV Romans 12:21
21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with
TREAT OTHERS AS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED
KJV Matthew 7:12
12. Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should
do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
DO GOOD UNTO ALL MEN
KJV Galatians 6:10
10. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto
all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
WORSHIP IN SPIRIT AND TRUTH
KJV John 4:23-24
23. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers
shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh
such to worship him.
24. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
VISIT THE AFFLICTED
KJV James 1:27
27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father
is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
keep himself unspotted from the world.
SPEAK SOUND DOCTRINE
KJV Titus 2:7-8
7. In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works:
in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
8. Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that
is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of
GROW IN KNOWLEDGE
KJV 2 Peter 3:18
18. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour
Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.
BEAR THE BURDENS OF OTHERS – DO NOT “KEEP TO YOURSELF” WHEN OTHERS
ARE IN NEED OF YOU
KJV Galatians 6:1-2
1. Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which
are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering
thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2. Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the
law of Christ.
PUT ON A NEW BEING
KJV Colossians 3:5-11
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the
earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence,
and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on
the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath,
malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off
the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in
knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision
nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all,
and in all.
SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD
KJV Matthew 6:33
33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness;
and all these things shall be added unto you.
PREACH THE GOSPEL TO THE WORLD
KJV Mark 16:15-16
15. And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach
the gospel to every creature.
16. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;
but he that believeth not shall be damned.
WALK PLEASING TO GOD
KJV Colossians 1:10-14
10. That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11. Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious
power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12. Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us
meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14. In whom we have redemption through his blood, even
the forgiveness of sins:
KJV 1 Peter 1:9
9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of
REMAIN FAITHFUL TO DEATH
KJV Revelation 2:10
10. Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the
devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye
shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will
give thee a crown of life.
IF YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN AND YOU WANT TO WALK WITH GOD AND BE HIS
CHILD TODAY YOU CAN.
HEAR – ROMANS 10:17
BELIEVE – HEBREWS 11:6
REPENT – ACTS 17:30
BE BAPTIZED - ACTS 2:38
Copyright 2000 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.