BE THOU AN EXAMPLE
AN EXAMPLE OF THE BELIEVERS
KJV 1 Timothy 4:12-13
12. Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the
believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in
13. Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation,
CHRISTIANS SHOULD BE THE LIGHT OF THE DARK WORLD
KJV Matthew 5:14-16
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on
an hill cannot be hid.
15. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel,
but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see
your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
WE CANNOT BE FRIENDS OF THE WORLD
KJV James 4:4
4. Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the
friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be
a friend of the world is the enemy of God.
WE CANNOT LOVE THE WORLD
KJV 1 John 2:15-17
15. Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.
If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh,
and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father,
but is of the world.
17. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but
he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
BE AN EXAMPLE IN WHAT YOU SAY
DO NOT SPEAK EVIL THINGS IN BEING AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SAY
KJV Matthew 12:34-37
34. O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good
things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.
35. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth
forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth
36. But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall
speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
37. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy
words thou shalt be condemned.
DO NOT SPEAK CORRUPTION IN BEING AN EXAMPLE IN WHAT YOU SAY
KJV Ephesians 4:29
29. Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth,
but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace
unto the hearers.
YOUR SPEECH SHOULD BE IN GRACE IN BEING AN EXAMPLE IN WHAT YOU SAY
KJV Colossians 4:6
6. Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt,
that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.
SPEAK AS THE ORACLES OF GOD IN BEING AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT YOU SAY
KJV 1 Peter 4:11
11. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if
any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that
God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise
and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.
OUR WORDS SHOULD BE ACCEPTABLE TO GOD IN YOUR EXAMPLE OF SPEECH
KJV Psalms 19:14
14. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my
heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.
BE AN EXAMPLE IN YOUR MANNER OF LIFE
IN YOUR HEART, WORDS, EYES, AND PATHS BE AN EXAMPLE IN THESE MANNERS
KJV Proverbs 4:23-27
23. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are
the issues of life.
24. Put away from thee a froward mouth, and perverse lips
put far from thee.
25. Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids
look straight before thee.
26. Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be
27. Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove
thy foot from evil.
CONRTOL YOUR THOUGHTS AND YOUR HEART IN BEING AN EXAMPLE OFTHESE
MANNERS OF LIFE
KJV Matthew 15:18-19
18. But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth
from the heart; and they defile the man.
19. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries,
fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
BE AN EXAMPLE IN LOVE
LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS EXAMPLES IN LOVE
KJV Matthew 22:35-39
35. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question,
tempting him, and saying,
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God
with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy
neighbour as thyself.
LOVE YOUR FELLOW CHRISTIANS IN THIS EXAMPLE OF LOVE
KJV John 13:34-35
34. A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one
another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
35. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples,
if ye have love one to another.
KJV John 15:12-13
12. This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as
I have loved you.
13. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay
down his life for his friends.
LOVE IS OF GOD KEEP THIS IN MIND AS YOU ARE AN EXAMPLE OF LOVE
KJV 1 John 5:1-3
1. Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born
of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is
begotten of him.
2. By this we know that we love the children of God, when
we love God, and keep his commandments.
3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments:
and his commandments are not grievous.
BE AN EXAMPLE IN FAITH
KJV Romans 10:10-11
10. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and
with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him
shall not be ashamed.
KJV Ephesians 6:16
16. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall
be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
KJV Hebrews 11:6
6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh
to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that
diligently seek him.
BE AN EXAMPLE IN PURITY
KJV Matthew 5:8
8. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
WORK AS AN EXAMPLE OF PURITY KEEPING YOUSELF UNSPOTTED OF THE WORLD
KJV James 1:27
27. Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father
is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to
keep himself unspotted from the world.
KEEP THYSELF PURE AS BEING AN EXAMPLE
KJV 1 Timothy 5:22
22. Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's
sins: keep thyself pure.
TO THE NON-CHRISTIAN, BE AN EXAMPLE IN OBEDIENCE TO GODíS WILL, AND
BE SAVED TODAY!!!
KJV Matthew 26:28
28. For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many
for the remission of sins.
OBEY THE GOSPEL PLAN OF SALVATION TODAY Ė
HEARING, BELIEVING, REPENTING, CONFESSING, AND BEING BAPTIZED!
THIS IS HOW TO BE A LIGHT THAT CANNOT BE HID.
IF YOU ARE A CHRISTIAN AND SATAN HAS CROWDED YOUR LIFE WITH DARKNESS,
(THIS PASSAGE IS FOR THE FALLEN AWAY CHRISTIAN AND NOT FOR THE LOST
IN THE WORLD SINNER)
KJV Revelation 3:19-20
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore,
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man
hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with
him, and he with me.
Copyright 1999 by Brian
Yeager may be reproducted for non-commercial purposes at no cost to others.